To be in love
Is to touch with a lighter hand.
In yourself you stretch, you are well.
You look at things
Through his eyes.
A cardinal is red.
A sky is blue.
Suddenly you know he knows too.
He is not there but
You know you are tasting together
The winter, or a light spring weather.
His hand to take your hand is overmuch.
Too much to bear.
You cannot look in his eyes
Because your pulse must not say
What must not be said.
Shuts a door-
Is not there_
Your arms are water.
And you are free
With a ghastly freedom.
You are the beautiful half
Of a golden hurt.
You remember and covet his mouth
To touch, to whisper on.
Oh when to declare
Is certain Death!
Oh when to apprize
Is to mesmerize,
To see fall down, the Column of Gold,
Into the commonest ash.
The Shining is a Kubrik classic. Out there with Full Metal Jacket and Space Odyssey, it captures the true horror of The Overlook Hotel and the monsters within. Continue reading “The Shining – Or the creepy things I saw on my fifth viewing”
Here is a collection of pumpkin trivia and FAQs:
The unnamed patient, from the Coventry area, had been suffering from seizures, headaches, ear pain and discharge from his left ear. (Source)
I love a good show and when Neflix baited Sense8 in front of my eyes for two months, I finally gave in. With 8.4 on IMDB, I was expecting a knock-out show but instead, what I got was liberal agenda. Shoved in my face. Every freaking episode.
I was already sick of it by episode 2 but I dragged on and with every slow-paced episode, with every slow-motion video and with every soap-opera mini-plot, I grew angrier and angrier. WTF is wrong with people who like this show?
It reminds me of The X-Files, but better. It is fantasy and science fiction, but not far-fetched. Not even for a single moment. It feels alive, real and very, very exciting and suspenseful. electrobird
I think we weren’t watching the same show! Continue reading “WTF Did I just watch? Sense8 in the mix”
You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
You sleep with your eyes open.
You have to watch videos in fast-forward.
The only time you’re standing still is during an earthquake.
You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.
You’ve worn out your third pair of tennis shoes this week.
Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.
You chew on other people’s fingernails.
The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
You’re so jittery that people use your hands to blend their margaritas.
You can type sixty words per minute with your feet.
You can jump-start your car without cables.
You don’t sweat, you percolate.
You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it’s not plugged in.
You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.
You’ve built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.
People get dizzy just watching you.
Instant coffee takes too long.
You channel surf faster without a remote.
You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
You short out motion detectors.
You don’t even wait for the water to boil anymore.
Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.
You help your dog chase its tail.
You soak your dentures in coffee overnight.
Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.
You ski uphill.
You get a speeding ticket even when you’re parked.
You answer the door before people knock.
You haven’t blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
Don’t give up from the start
You never know if you don’t try
Don’t look back. Face forward.
You want it badly.
You know it. You can be selfish.
When you reach out your hand,
I’ll give it to you
But you know what?
You’ll have it even though
you can’t speak for it
© 2018 Julia
Wake up and be ready by 8 AM?? * gasp *
* 1- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
* 2- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
* 3- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
* 4- The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
* 5- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
* 6- There are more chickens than people in the world.
* 7- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.”
* 8- On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.
* 9- All of the clocks in the movie “Pulp Fiction” are stuck on 4:20.
*10- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
*11- “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
*12- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
* 13- There are only 4 words in the English language which end in dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
* 14- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
* 15- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
* 16- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
* 17- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
* 18- Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
* 19- The characters Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
* 20- A dragonfly has a life span of 1-6 months
* 21- A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
* 22- It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
* 23- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
* 24- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
* 25- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
* 26- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
* 27- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
* 28- The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
* 29- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
* 30- A polar bear’s skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
* 31- Elvis had a twin brother named Aaron, who died at birth, which is why Elvis’ middle name was spelled Aron: in honor of his brother. It is also misspelled on his tomb stone.
* 32- Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.
* 33- More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
* 34- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand. * 35- Shakespeare invented the words “assassination” and “bump.”
* 36- Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on one foot. (not true, we’re told!)
* 37- If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
* 38- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
* 39- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
* 40- The sentence “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English language.
* 41- The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
* 42- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
* 43- The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
* 44- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
* 45- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
* 46- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
* 47- Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population of 1,000 and a size of 108.7 acres.
* 48- “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
* 49- No president of the United states was an only child.
And last and definitely most important:
* 50- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects’ legs in it.
See more on Amazon