Day 02 — Not including food, blogging or television, my most guilty pleasure (this includes chocolate)…
Oh Tom Baker, why did you have to go and remove food from the list? I have so MANY guilty pleasures in there! Like eating Thai Ramen with Sea Food Taste which stinks up the house and smells like kitty litter. Like eating Carraway soup with garlic which gives me runny guts in about 30 minutes after consumption. Like chomping on pistachio ice-cream having a radio-active green colour while watching The Walking Dead. And many more!
Well there is something else not many people know about me.
I enjoy watching anime series (usually horror and historical ones) and have gathered quite a collection. Plus reading Manga (I got a few favourite series which I read and re-read as time goes on).
Let me see my favourite ones:
- Saiunkoku monogatari (a story about a young girl who wants to become the first female official in the emperor’s court. It’s 2 seasons long and it shows the life of the early Japan with the schemes and intrigues which come at any court)
- 12 Kingdoms (a girl gets taken into an alternate dimmension where she finds that she is the ruler of one of 12 Kingdoms. Treason, backstabbing and again a very good insight of what a good and bad ruler is about)
- Boku-ga Ita (a really cute love story (triangle in fact) about a guy who loves a girl who loves a boy who loves a girl who died). It’s very well done and the characters are as realistic as they can be
- Lovely Complex (again a very unusual love story between a 172cm girl and a 156cm boy). I laughed my ass off in some parts as it reminded me of my highschool years 🙂
- 5cm per second – three stories about couples who are taken apart by circumstances. It’s absolutely magical animation, a screenshot below:
I kinda lost many nights watching these and was not able to pry loose from some of them until I read anything I could find. I did not sleep two days until I read the entire series of “Angel Sanctuary” (heaven vs hell in a fight over mankind), I read “Akumetsu” about 3 times (a story about a 17yr old who can clone himself and decides to tackle coruption by killing everyone – and a clone of himself – I think it should be done in today’s times as well) and read the “Hana Yori Dango (boys over flowers)” about two times, both times not being able to stop until 26h passed since I started.
Well, I think by now I sound like a real Otaku (person of white origin overly obsessed with anime & manga) so I shall stop before you think that a person nearing her 30’s is not allowed to watch cartoons anymore. 🙂