Day 06 — My worst cooking disaster involved chicken supreme and my loved one
It was a beautiful December morning when I misread a receipe for Chicken Supreme. I was planning a romantic dinner for two following this receipe:
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 rashers of bacon,chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1chicken stock cube in 100 ml boiling water
- 400ml double cream
- Fry the onion and garlic together in olive oil until soft and golden. Remove from pan.
- In same pan fry bacon until golden.Remove from pan.
- Fry chicken until cooked. Add the onion garlic and bacon to the chicken. Mix together.
- Add the stock liquid. Add the cream. Stir until coated. Heat until fully warmed through
- Serve with white rice.
I made a terrible terrible mistake. Instead of 4 garlic cloves I have added 4 garlic bulbs. It looked fantastic, it smelled great but I did not taste the result and put it on a plate for my love to eat and rate. He looked at it and took a full bite. I was smiling, full of expectations of the praise to come. He chewed once and then he looked like he wanted to spit it out. He kept it in his mouth and his face distorted like he was having a stroke. I started paniking when I saw him looking desperately for something that he could not find on the table. He got up and ran to the closest toilet and spit everything out.
“Are you trying to kill me?! Bleaaagh!”
Slowly, I had a taste and it nearly killed my taste buds forever. It was disgusting! So much garlic! Garlic emporium! It was sooo bad I followed his trail to the bathroom and spat it out. Now I was looking at the chicken and wasted rice and had a fleeting thought about the children of Africa starving. I binned it.